All About The Wilson Cobb Genealogical Library
Welcome to the Wilson Cobb Library! Making it easier for you to search out your ancestry and genealogical history!
The Wilson-Cobb History and Genealogy Research Library is a standalone special collection library that was founded in April 1999. It was organized to serve the historical and genealogical needs of Roswell and the surrounding communities. The Library is governed by a Board of Directors, and is funded by donations, memberships, grants and fundraising events.
- The Library is incorporated as a nonprofit organization in New Mexico according to Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and your contributions are deductible.
- The Library is staffed by volunteers who are available to assist patrons in using the Library’s materials and resources.
- Use of the Library materials and facility is free.
- Library books and materials do not circulate and are provided for use only in the Library.
- Computers are available for online research with free access to the Library’s subscriptions of Ancestry.com, GenealogyBank (historical newspapers) and Fold3 (military records).
- The Library is a facility open to everyone without regard to race, creed, sex, color or national origin.
Everyone is cordially invited to become a member of the Library.
Board of Directors
- President: Ronnie Whitaker
- 1st vice President: Joyce Newsom
- 2nd vice President: George Lewis
- Secretary: Sarah Dunn
- Treasurer: Martha Morrison
- Parliamentarian: Charles Berry
- Carol Bignell: Newsletter Editor and Facebook Host
- Dorothy Crouch
- Kay Lewis: Chair, Operations and Committees
- Martha Morrison: Librarian
- Chuck Russell
- Pam Tharp
- Pat Walker
Location & Contact Info
MWF, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
PO Box 1216
Roswell, NM 88202
301 S. Richardson Ave (corner of Alameda St.)
Roswell, NM 88203